Monday 8 October 2012

Mildly Amusing Cartoons


I’ve been drawing for as long as I can remember. I’m not the best artist, but what I lack in talent I make up for…well, by admitting that I’m not that good. I also have a habit of drawing cartoons about things that I find funny and other people find mildly amusing at best. The reason I’m telling you this is because I have decided, against my better judgment and the advice of several loved ones, to set my cartoons free in cyberspace. 

Like the Calvin & Hobbes cartoon says: the trick to good self-esteem is to lower expectations to the point where they’re already met. So now that your expectations are sufficiently lowered, let’s commence with a tiny little roundup.


These first two are the start of a series. I’m planning to do a whole bunch of drawings about this middle-class father and son who are just plagued by all these biblical, seemingly holy things popping up in their everyday lives (Gettit? Biblical? Plagued? …Forget it).





Most of the time when I show this to someone I have to explain that a shrug is both something you do with your shoulders and a ladies sweater that opens down the front.



This last one was actually drawn for my mother, according to her specifications, so the idea really wasn’t mine. (My mother’s dieting exploits are a daily source of laughter at my house.)

This situation has actually occurred several times in real life.





2 comments:

  1. Interesting. Funny. And full of talent! I loved your comics and the way you write too!

    From,
    A fellow wattpader

    ReplyDelete
  2. This actually reminds me of the Calvin and Hobbes comics. Sometimes I'd just stare at one box for ages, trying to figure out the point of it. Then I'd lower the long book and say 'shit' before bursting out into laughter. You are very good at drawing and I am very jealous.

    ReplyDelete